Fabrication Set-Up / Operator / Lead
Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc., the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and clean room applications. We have an immediate opening in our Fabrication department.
Programming, set-up and operating brake press, panel bender, shear and turret punch press.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Shear, punch and bend a variety of sheet metals from 7 gauge thru 26 gauge.
- Setups, including tool selection and changing, calibrating and verifying accuracy.
- Optimize programs/manufacturing processes for all equipment in the department.
- Drive and support continuous improvement efforts in the department.
- Monitor equipment and assure preventive maintenance work is being done according to schedule.
- Advise management on potential machine issues such as; changes in performance, speed, oil leaks, tolerance capability, unusual noises, etc.
- Monitor and advise on preplacement of worn tooling.
- Train and assure operators are utilizing equipment in a safe and proper manner to extend the life of the equipment.
- Monitor workload schedule and assign tasks to keep up with demand.
- Identify and execute on cross-training opportunities within the department.
- Monitor the quality of all operators through periodic checks of work and coaching/training to maintain tolerance and workmanship requirements.
- Maintain TIB boards and communicate results to the team. Drive improvements in the SQDC metrics by identifying barriers and working to get them removed.
- Work with upstream/downstream partners and customers to improve processes.
- Work with Engineering and Supervision to specify capital equipment purchases in the area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10 years in a fabrication environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills with adequate written communication skills.
- Programming and operating knowledge on brake press, panel bender, shear, and turret punch press.
- Programming experience from Solid Works using Landtek Software is a plus as backup programming department.
- Experience with low volume/high mix of fabrications and materials with limited batching.
- Experience with tooling maintenance and design for listed equipment.
- Exposure to lean or continuous improvement processes. Participation in kaizen event, process mapping, set-up reduction, etc.
- Experience in leading a team without direct supervision responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of machine function and basic maintenance procedures.
- Fabrication trade school diploma a strong plus.
- Strong metrology experience. Calipers, micrometers, angle measurement, etc.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- CNC machine operation including Vertical Mills & lathes is a plus.
- Working experience with blueprints and assembly drawings.
- Forklift equipment operation experience required.
- Overhead crane experience is a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Accountability: Demonstrates the ownership necessary for achieving desired results.
Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality; shows pride in appearance of work; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity of Work: Completes work in efficient manner meeting established standards; strives to increase productivity.
Job Knowledge: Performs all phases of regular job; handles all new and unusual assignments within the job scope; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Teamwork: Accepts direction from supervisor; contributes to building a positive team spirit; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; focuses on resolution, not blaming; balances team and individual responsibilities; adapts to changes in the work environment; supports organizations goals and values; complies with policies and procedures; volunteers readily.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at workstation and meetings prepared to work as scheduled.
Safety and Housekeeping: Complies with safety rules and safe work practices; reports potentially unsafe conditions; keeps workplace organized and neat.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to co-workers and management.
Mathematical Skills: Requires the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of decimals and fractions; work from drawings, specification and formulas involving limited detail, use and interpret adjustable measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers and scales.
ASI Doors, Inc. offers excellent compensation, including a generous bonus plan and benefits package. If you are ready for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners and customers to what's possible for growth.