Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc., the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and cleanroom applications. ASI provides a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.
Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Master Scheduler is responsible for capacity and load management for production. Manages and advises senior management on capacity constraints and production lead times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Uses Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to transfer customer orders to shop orders for production.
2. Monitors production load profile to identify capacity concerns and opportunities to report and advise executive management on production trends and needs.
3. Maintains ERP calendar, production team head count, and production team vacations.
4. Uses Available to Promise ERP functionality to formulate standard manufacturing lead times.
5. Aligns ERP production schedules with customer requirements.
6. Identifies opportunities for manufacturing outsourcing, level loading or overtime to relieve internal capacity.
7. Develops continuous improvement opportunities relative to position and participates in execution.
8. Identify variances against planned rates to drive corrective actions.
9. Mining and understanding production data to influence production scheduling system.
10.Utilize forecast data to identify purchasing opportunities, capacity planning and bottleneck predictions.
· Decisiveness. Able to make decisions based on information surrounding the identified problem or task.
· Communication. Disseminate necessary supply chain information to appropriate departments in a timely and professional manner.
· Problem Solving. Unrestricted thinking. Finding solutions outside of the perceived constraints.
· Analytical abilities. Understanding of how to find and utilize data in decision making.
· Initiative. Willingness to take ownership and display leadership in providing direction to new scheduling and planning processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and six to eight years of related experience, an associate degree and five years of related experience, or a bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, in a related field of study, with three to five years of experience. Experience must be in a manufacturing environment.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and email. Relational table and Structured Query Language (SQL) skills are a plus.