Technical Support Technician
ASI Doors, Inc., a leading manufacturer of high performance industrial, pharmaceutical and cold storage door systems for over 50 years has an immediate opening for an Experienced, Full-Time, Technical Support Technician.
The Technical Support team has direct exposure to our customer base. This team must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, technical acumen and represent ASI Doors with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity. The goal, whether on-site or phone support, is customer satisfaction. The Technical Support team must ensure total positive resolution to any issues that they are involved in. The Technical Support Technician is responsible for in-house technical phone support and on-site services for our high-performance door product line. These services include installation, maintenance, repair and customer training on our door product line. The Technical Support Technician will work closely with the Customer Service Manager to develop and improve customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may occasionally be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
- Travels throughout the United States and Canada to install new door equipment, service existing door applications, supervise installs and perform start-up and training to our customers for their ASI doors.
- Document service trips and phone calls using OnContact/CRM and trip report forms.
- Create and maintain CRM incidents to resolution.
- Works directly with customers to resolve their complaints.
- Works with ASI internal departments to find resolution to customer and product issues.
- Works with CSM to push for root cause solutions.
- Follows processes for proper documentation of warranty situations, including CRM incidents, back-charge and RMA procedures.
- Document all customer trips and take responsibility to ensure resolution and proper customer communication for any open situations from all trips.
- Perform parts quoting and parts order entry when needed.
- All documentation must be written professionally, with proper spelling and grammar.
- Accurately complete expense reports and submit them in a timely manner.
- Follows proper safety and PPE guidelines when on customer sites and in house.
- Work with the CSM for continual product and troubleshooting training opportunities.
- Work with CSM to identify product manual updates and service bulletin needs.
- Approximately 75% travel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Field training - Must be able to lead formal training sessions on job sites for our customers, dealers and installers.
- Conflict resolution - Needs to be able to enter into problem situations, both in the field and over the phone, and de-escalate the situation and find resolution to the issues.
- Relationship building skills with internal & external customers.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills and knowledge. Ability to read and follow electrical schematics, use multimeter to troubleshoot electrical circuits and control boxes, strong knowledge and experience of hand and power tools.
- Strong analytical skills to obtain, analyze and act on data.
- Effective problem-solving skills. Logical deductive reasoning approach to problem resolution.
- Decisive. Needs to be able to make decisions based on a reasonable amount of information.
- Passion for customer service. Clear understanding of the value of excellent service and driven to get results.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a high school degree or equivalent and a minimum of five years of related experience.
Experience from a Manufacturing setting is required. MS Office, Order Processing Systems and Project Management software experience, including ERP and CRM is required. Basic experience in interpreting engineering drawings is also required.
ASI Doors, Inc. offers competitive compensation, including a generous bonus plan and benefits package. If you are ready for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners, and customers to what's possible for growth.
Submit your resume to: email@example.com