Value Stream Leader
Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc., the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and cleanroom applications. ASI provides a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.
The Value Stream Leader is a highly visible and critical role, responsible for the oversight, execution and performance of Manufacturing and Operations. The VSL leads all activity including planning, staffing, safety, quality, compliance, and factory flow. This leader drives the improvement of factory processes for cost savings, waste identification, and loss/downtime reduction. The VSL promotes the culture of teamwork and continuous improvement to be equally impactful to the customer and the financial performance of the organization. The Value Stream Leader has the experience, skillset and leadership ability to be the driver of success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion a safe work culture by identifying and eliminating unsafe behaviors and work practices.
- Assist in developing and implementing standard work procedures.
- Assure quality procedures are in place and followed to achieve FPY goals.
- Develop and implement a formal cross training plan to assure flexible coverage.
- Manage overtime and staffing levels to meet lead time and productivity goals.
- Oversee daily SQDC metric review, along with barrier identification and removal, with the team(s).
- Engage team members in achieving metrics and removing barriers to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Sustaining improvements.
- Engage resources outside the department to resolve issues as necessary.
- Identify and execute process improvement opportunities.
- Lead and participate in cross functional project teams and/or Kaizen events.
- Manage WIP and supply item inventory.
- Assist in developing and executing the strategic plan.
- Assist in developing and meeting financial budgets for the value stream.
- 5 years minimum experience in direct leadership of at least 10 manufacturing personnel.
- A track record of successful process improvements with the team.
- Proven leadership ability. Team development and/or leadership training a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement tools:
- Value stream mapping for process waste identification and removal
- Line balancing
- Root Cause problem identification
- Work cell design & line balancing
- Quality at the source
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excel, Word and Outlook working knowledge.
- ERP system experience.
- Experience in low volume/high mix production environment.
- Working knowledge of business accounting methods preferred.
- High energy individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Good prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Logical and creative problem-solving skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
If you are ready for a rewarding opportunity, please send your resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org