Customer Service Manager
Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc., the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and cleanroom applications. ASI provides a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.
This is a leadership role the defines the standards for excellent customer service, develops and oversees the processes to meet those standards, and allocates resources to execute on the processes. Field Service, Customer Support Coordinators, and Parts Support positions report to the Customer Service Manager. This role interacts directly with Customers, Distributors/Dealers, third party partners, and internal departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage and lead a team of Field Service Technicians responsible for providing solutions to installation, warranty, and troubleshooting questions.
- Establish expectations to ensure FST’s are responsive, setting priorities, documenting, and communicating solutions to resolve product issues immediately.
- Develop a plan to monitor and track recurring product issues to identify root cause and corrective action measures.
- Utilize company tools to track and manage warranty claims.
- Manage travel schedule for service and set-up training.
- Manage costs associated with third party field repairs (back charges).
- Manage and lead a team of Parts Specialists responsible for quoting and processing replacement and warranty parts requests.
- Identify tools and introduce strategies to simplify the quoting process.
- Develop performance criteria that align with customer expectations relating to turnaround time of quotes and order fulfillment.
- Monitor performance metrics in order to provide solutions to delays and identify improvement opportunities.
- Participate in the development and execution of part sales growth strategies.
- Manage no-charge authorization process and control costs.
- Manage and lead a team of Customer Support Coordinators responsible for processing new equipment orders.
- Ensure constant communication through CSCs to customers throughout the order process, i.e. order acknowledgment, submittal review, order status, shipment status.
- Support established order process and monitor CSCs are following process.
- Establish performance metrics.
- Lead process to proactively manage large projects and time-sensitive projects to keep them on track.
- Proactively communicate with distributors and customers to help identify areas of opportunity.
- Hold collective team accountable for meeting customer expectations.
- Create training programs that involve cross-training of multiple product brands throughout the department.
- Encourage positive and value-added engagement with cross-functional departments across the organization.
- Resolve payment hold issues related to product or service.
- Assist in dealer development and support.
- Support safety and housekeeping standards.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Leadership – Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated coaching/mentoring ability. Conflict resolution. Performance management. Vision.
- Relationship building skills with internal & external customers.
- Strong analytical skills to obtain, analyze, and act on data.
- Effective problem-solving skills. Logical deductive reasoning approach to problem resolution.
- Team building. Clear team goals with individual roles & expectations. Creates a supportive team culture.
- Working knowledge of lean principles. Identification and elimination of redundant silo type processes. Process mapping. Can rely on other team members for support but needs to have exposure to process improvement.
- Needs to be able to make decisions based on a reasonable amount of information.
- Basic understanding of P&L statement and budgeting process.
- Passion for customer service. A clear understanding of the value of excellent service and driven to get results.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience, or ten to twelve years of progressively responsible related experience, or a combination of education and experience. Experience from a Manufacturing setting is required. MS Office, Order Processing Systems, and Project Management software experience, including ERP and CRM is required. Basic experience in interpreting engineering drawings.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
An individual who is Mechanically Inclined will be essential to success in this role. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners, and customers to what’s possible for growth.
Our Values: Accountability, Service and Integrity
If you are interested in being part of an exceptional team and making a difference, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com