Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc. the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and cleanroom applications. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Summary: Manages the buyer and supply chain coordinator roles. Responsible for supply chain service levels. Develops, proposes to Sr. Management and executes on approved supply chain strategies to achieve objectives. Maintains key supply chain relationships and open lines of communication. Optimizes the use of ERP, lean principles and automated paperless systems to drive efficiency and minimize cycle time. Works closely with other functional areas to optimize overall ASI performance and execute strategic plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assure alignment between supply chain capability and strategic needs of ASI.
- Mitigate supply chain risk that could adversely affect the business interests of ASI.
- Manage the process to optimize value in the supply chain by appropriately balancing costs with service levels and quality.
- Manage supply chain relationships to develop mutually valued partnerships and open lines of communication.
- Develop and standardize business processes and metrics fulfilling the purchasing and planning functions. Utilize ERP capabilities and lean principles wherever possible.
- Maintain ERP data integrity related to purchasing functions.
- Negotiate and audit inbound freight terms and costs.
- Manage supplier performance via supplier scorecards and supplier corrective action requests.
- Develop and maintain departmental metrics to monitor and manage performance.
- Address and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain records associated with the purchasing function, supplying relevant information to the accounting, sales and production functions as required.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Make inventory stock, purchase-to-order and blanket PO decisions
- Negotiates pricing and supplier agreements.
- Assure on time deliveries from supply chain.
- Maintains item masters for re-order points and order policies to ensure inventories remain at adequate supply levels based on orders, production schedules and forecasts. Compares invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with laws.
- Strong computer skills including ERP, Microsoft suite, workflow and project management software.
- Leadership experience and ability to establish clear expectations and motivate the achievement of those expectations. Create a continuous improvement culture.
- Negotiation experience with strong communication skills.
- Strategic planning and logical problem-solving skills.
- Materials management and inventory planning experience.
- Experience with lean principles a plus.
Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; four or more years of related experience and or/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment desired.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as purchase orders, schedules, routings and inventory management reports. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Purchasing and Inventory Management Software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners, and customers to what’s possible for growth.
Our Values: Accountability, Service, and Integrity
If you are interested in being part of an exceptional team and making a difference, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com