Regional Sales Manager – Northeast
The Regional Sales Manager reports to the Company Vice President – Sales. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the business development and support of a defined geographic sales region. The Regional Sales Manager will drive customer acquisition/development and profitable revenue growth. They manage a network of distributors, end users, contractors, architects, and national account locations within their defined territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve to lead business development and support efforts in the defined sales territory.
- Devise and execute sales strategies within the defined sales territory in the interest of profitable growth.
- Align internal sales and channel partners in support of customers.
- Collaborate with National Account Managers on key account locations (sales efforts and support) within the defined sales territory.
- Perform consultative sales presentations to architects, design-build firms, and end-users.
- Identify and introduce new potential distributor partners to the organization.
- Assist with onboarding and training new distributor partners within defined territory.
- Manage pricing, discounting, and quotations for customers (including distributors).
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management related to defined sales territory.
- Utilize preset forecasting tools to manage priorities and track quotations.
- Monitor and stay apprised of market and competitive dynamics.
- Provide appropriate customer input to the CRM system.
- Responsible for performing timely expense reports.
- 50-60% travel expected.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 5-10 years of National Sales experience with pharmaceutical doors and hardware or allied products for new construction and retrofit applications. Experience in the High-Performance Door Industry preferred.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical GMP, ISO, FDA, EMEA, and other cleanroom requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of building and wall construction within pharmaceutical and cleanroom facilities.
- High level of technical aptitude demonstrated in past positions.
- Direct end-user, contractor, and distribution management experience required.
- Experienced in professional business presentations.
- Exceptional knowledge of architectural specifications and plan take-offs.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven sales track of profitable growth.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience with a specific sales methodology, sales funnel management.
- Experience in choosing, deploying, and using marketing and sales applications.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Qualifications: Requires ability to read architectural plans and specifications, complete project take offs, and understand general building industry terminology.
If you are ready for a rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume along with salary requirements.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners, and customers to what’s possible for growth.
Our Values: Accountability, Service, and Integrity
If you are interested in being part of an exceptional team and making a difference, please send your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org