Senior Project Engineer
Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc., the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and cleanroom applications. ASI provides a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.
The Sr. Project Engineer is involved in, from initiation to shipment, the design and project management of new, derivative and engineered to order products as well as sustaining engineering projects.
- Prepare technical documentation such as product specifications, architectural specifications, test procedures and test reports.
- Perform all necessary calculations such as stress analysis, performance analysis, etc. as required.
- Provide work direction to engineering support staff as requested.
- Review customer drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements, feasibility and cost of engineered to order products.
- Keep abreast of competitive products and technical developments as they relate to current ASI products and technology and recommend product improvements when feasible.
- Travel to gather prototype field test data and support Sales or Field Service when necessary.
- Troubleshoot uncommon product field performance issues via phone or travel as needed.
- Provide technical direction on product install and owners’ manuals as well as sales literature.
- Provide technical support for purchasing functions in identifying critical design features on purchased parts, supplier qualifications, and PPAP participation.
- Follow ASI stage-gate process in product development projects.
- Support manufacturing in identifying the root cause quality issues and disposition of non-conforming parts.
- Maximize MRP utilization by supporting accurate communication of design information.
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings when required.
- Prepare item, BOM and routing documentation when required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Four or more years’ experience in an engineering role involving mechanical design, preferably on industrial door products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects while leveraging the abilities of cross functional teams.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS ETC:
- Familiarity with CAD software including 3D solid modeling and 2D drawings is required. Previous experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including sheet metal forming, fiberglass molding and general mechanical assembly is preferred. Experience with DFM techniques preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of software is required.
- Ability to read, create, analyze, and interpret engineering documents including customer drawings, production drawings, electrical schematics and ladder diagrams for control logic is required.
- Ability to create basic PLC programs preferred.
- Familiarity with MRP software with the ability to interrogate item, BOM, job data as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers for support, training and selling is required.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners, and customers to what’s possible for growth.
Our Values: Accountability, Service and Integrity
If you are ready for a rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume along with salary requirements.