Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Join the dynamic, innovative atmosphere at ASI Doors, Inc., the leading manufacturer of high-performance door systems for cold storage, industrial and cleanroom applications. ASI provides a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.
ASI Doors is seeking a highly organized Shipping & Receiving Supervisor to lead our shipping, receiving, and stockroom operations. This position is responsible for the safe, accurate, efficient, and timely processing of work in the respective departments. Our Shipping & Receiving Supervisor will need to identify and drive process improvements as well as their implementation and standardization.
The successful candidate will exhibit extensive knowledge of logistics and demonstrable experience in a similar role. The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor will be someone whose expertise translates into smooth and cost-effective shipping services.
- Negotiating the price of shipment transportation with carriers and 3PL
- Keeping shipping operations within budget without compromising speed or efficiency
- Processing shipment documentation and inspecting completed orders
- Assure proper packaging that minimizes cost and protects product
- Creating and implementing shipping policies and procedures
- Acting as a liaison between management, carriers, and shipping customers
- Collaborating with internal departments to optimize the flow of orders from preparation to shipment
- Evaluating carrier performance and working to resolve issues with shipped orders
- Complying with shipping regulations and company policies
- Receiving purchased parts and materials in accordance with company policies
- Freight estimating for customer quotes
- Work with Customer Support Coordinators to manage freight damage claims
- Develop and meet goals for department performance metrics: safety, quality, delivery, and costs
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Assure adequate cross-training and coverage to meets department needs during reasonable team member absence
- Work with team leads and Supervisors to optimize the transition of parts from production to shipping while minimizing space and queue times
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or similar preferred
- Requires 5 or more years in the shipping industry as a lead person or supervisor
- Proficiency in electronic systems such as UPS Worldship, FedEx Ship Manager, third party logistics systems, and ERP software
- In-depth knowledge of logistics and shipping documentation, both foreign and domestic
- Knowledge of shipping industry regulations
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person, as well as in writing
- Warehouse management and inventory management experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package with a generous bonus plan, 401(k) match, health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, holiday pay, and vacation time.
Our Mission: Achieving high performance by opening up our employees, partners, and customers to what’s possible for growth.
Our Values: Accountability, Service, and Integrity
If you are interested in being part of an exceptional team and making a difference, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com